Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-6-6-12
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 12. (a) If an individual suffers an injury:
(1) as the result of any act or practice that violates this chapter; or
(2) from a threatened violation of this chapter;
the individual may bring a civil action.
(b) A court may order an award of any or all of the following to an individual who prevails in an action under subsection (a):
(1) The greater of:
(A) actual and consequential damages resulting from the violation or threatened violation; or
(B) liquidated damages of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).
(2) Reasonable attorney's fees, litigation expenses, and costs.
(3) Declaratory or equitable relief, including injunctive relief.
(4) Other relief the court considers proper.
(c) The remedies and penalties set forth in subsection (b) are:
(1) cumulative; and
(2) in addition to other remedies and penalties imposed for a violation of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-6-6-12 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-22-labor-and-safety/in-code-sect-22-6-6-12/
Was this helpful?