(1) In this section, “shelter facility” means a temporary place of lodging for individuals or families.
(2) A minor shall be presumed to be qualified and competent to contract for admission
to a shelter facility or transitional living program, if all of the following apply:
(a) The minor is 17 years of age.
(b) The minor is not under the supervision of a county department, a child welfare
agency, the department, or the department of corrections under this chapter or ch.
938 or under the jurisdiction of the court.
(c) One of the following confirms that the minor is an unaccompanied youth as defined
under 42 USC 11434a(6):
1. A local educational agency liaison designated under 42 USC 11432(g)(1)(J)(ii) who has obtained the minor's consent to disclose the minor's status as an unaccompanied
2. If a local educational agency liaison is not available, an employee of the shelter
facility or transitional living program who conducts intake.
(3) The defense of infancy does not apply to any contract with a minor under sub.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.