Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall:
(1) Promulgate rules implementing and consistent with this chapter and ss. 292.31 and 292.35.
(2) Encourage voluntary cooperation by persons and affected groups to achieve the purposes of this chapter and ss. 292.31 and 292.35.
(3) Encourage local units of government to handle solid waste disposal problems within their respective jurisdictions and on a regional basis, and provide technical and consultative assistance for that purpose.
(4) Collect and disseminate information and conduct educational and training programs relating to the purposes of this chapter and ss. 292.31 and 292.35.
(5) Organize a comprehensive and integrated program to enhance the quality, management and protection of the state's land and water resources.
(6) Provide technical assistance for the closure of a solid waste disposal facility that is a nonapproved facility.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Wisconsin Statutes Environmental Regulation (Ch. 280 to 299) § 289.06. Department duties - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wi/environmental-regulation-ch-280-to-299/wi-st-289-06/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.