Washington Revised Code Title 51. Industrial Insurance § 51.04.170. Firefighter safety--Department must establish best practices
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The department must establish best practices to improve safety and health outcomes for firefighters, including best practices:
(a) For a proactive health and safety risk management system consisting of a joint employer and employee governance structure to oversee a continuous process of identification, evaluation, monitoring and controlling, and reporting safety and health hazards in the workplace;
(b) To reduce firefighter risk of exposure to carcinogens; and
(c) To prevent or reduce the risk of injuries and illness with particular focus on causes of compensable workers' compensation claims.
(2) Employers of firefighters who implement the best practices provided in subsection (1) of this section may be eligible for a premium discount as determined by the department according to criteria established by the department.
(3) The department must consult with firefighters and employers of firefighters in establishing the best practices and criteria for a premium discount under this section.
(4) The department may update the best practices established under this section as appropriate.
(5) For the purposes of this section, “firefighter” has the same meaning as in RCW 41.26.030(17) (a) through (c).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 51. Industrial Insurance § 51.04.170. Firefighter safety--Department must establish best practices - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-51-industrial-insurance/wa-rev-code-51-04-170/
Was this helpful?