Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) $53,000,000 for fiscal year 2016;
(2) $55,000,000 for fiscal year 2017;
(3) $57,000,000 for fiscal year 2018;
(4) $58,000,000 for fiscal year 2019; and
(5) $60,000,000 for fiscal year 2020.
(b) Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Fund.--From the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Fund established under section 5116(h), the Secretary may expend, for each of fiscal years 2016 through 2020--
(1) $21,988,000 to carry out section 5116(a);
(2) $150,000 to carry out section 5116(e);
(3) $625,000 to publish and distribute the Emergency Response Guidebook under section 5116(h)(3); and
(4) $1,000,000 to carry out section 5116(i).
(c) Hazardous materials training grants.--From the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Fund established pursuant to section 5116(h), the Secretary may expend $4,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2016 through 2020 to carry out section 5107(e).
(d) Community safety grants.--Of the amounts made available under subsection (a) to carry out this chapter, the Secretary shall withhold $1,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2016 through 2020 to carry out section 5107(i).
(e) Credits to appropriations.--
(1) Expenses.--In addition to amounts otherwise made available to carry out this chapter, the Secretary may credit amounts received from a State, Indian tribe, or other public authority or private entity for expenses the Secretary incurs in providing training to the State, Indian tribe, authority, or entity.
(2) Availability of amounts.--Amounts made available under this section shall remain available until expended.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 49 U.S.C. § 5128 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 49. Transportation § 5128. Authorization of appropriations - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-49-transportation/49-usc-sect-5128/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.