Skip to main content

49 U.S.C. § 5127 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 49. Transportation § 5127. Judicial review

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Filing and venue.--Except as provided in section 20114(c), a person adversely affected or aggrieved by a final action of the Secretary under this chapter may petition for review of the final action in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia or in the court of appeals for the United States for the circuit in which the person resides or has its principal place of business.  The petition must be filed not more than 60 days after the Secretary's action becomes final.

(b) Judicial procedures.--When a petition is filed under subsection (a), the clerk of the court immediately shall send a copy of the petition to the Secretary.  The Secretary shall file with the court a record of any proceeding in which the final action was issued, as provided in section 2112 of title 28.

(c) Authority of court.--The court has exclusive jurisdiction, as provided in subchapter II of chapter 5 of title 5, to affirm or set aside any part of the Secretary's final action and may order the Secretary to conduct further proceedings.

(d) Requirement for prior objection.--In reviewing a final action under this section, the court may consider an objection to a final action of the Secretary only if the objection was made in the course of a proceeding or review conducted by the Secretary or if there was a reasonable ground for not making the objection in the proceeding.

Cite this article: - 49 U.S.C. § 5127 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 49. Transportation § 5127. Judicial review - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard