26 U.S.C. § 61 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 26. Internal Revenue Code § 61. Gross income defined
Search U.S. Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) General definition.--Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
(1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
(2) Gross income derived from business;
(3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
(8) Alimony and separate maintenance payments;
(10) Income from life insurance and endowment contracts;
(12) Income from discharge of indebtedness;
(13) Distributive share of partnership gross income;
(14) Income in respect of a decedent; and
(15) Income from an interest in an estate or trust.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 26 U.S.C. § 61 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 26. Internal Revenue Code § 61. Gross income defined - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-26-internal-revenue-code/26-usc-sect-61/
Was this helpful?