Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This chapter does not apply to any agreement:
(1) to explore, produce, or develop oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, synthetic gas, sulphur, ore, or other mineral substances, including any lease or royalty agreement, joint interest agreement, production or production-related agreement, operating agreement, farmout agreement, area of mutual interest agreement, or other related agreement;
(2) for any well or mine services; or
(3) to purchase, sell, gather, store, or transport oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, synthetic gas, or other hydrocarbon substances by pipeline or by a fixed, associated facility.
(b) In this section:
(1) “Agreement” includes a written or oral agreement or understanding:
(A) to provide work or services, including any construction, operating, repair, or maintenance services; or
(B) to perform a part of the services covered by Paragraph (A) or an act collateral to those services, including furnishing or renting equipment, incidental transportation, or other goods and services furnished in connection with those services.
(2) “Well or mine services” includes:
(A) drilling, deepening, reworking, repairing, improving, testing, treating, perforating, acidizing, logging, conditioning, purchasing, gathering, storing, or transporting oil or natural gas, brine water, fresh water, produced water, condensate, petroleum products, or other liquid commodities, or otherwise rendering services in connection with a well drilled to produce or dispose of oil, gas, or other minerals or water; and
(B) designing, excavating, constructing, improving, or otherwise rendering services in connection with an oil, gas, or other mineral production platform or facility, mine shaft, drift, or other structure intended directly for use in exploring for or producing a mineral.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Property Code - PROP § 28.010. Exemption for Mineral Development and Oilfield Services - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/property-code/prop-sect-28-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.