(a) The board shall adopt rules relating to the investigation of a complaint received
by the board. The rules shall:
(1) distinguish between categories of complaints;
(2) ensure that complaints are not dismissed without appropriate consideration;
(3) require that the board be advised of a complaint that is dismissed and that a
letter be sent to the person who filed the complaint explaining the action taken on
the dismissed complaint;
(4) ensure that the person who filed the complaint has an opportunity to explain the
allegations made in the complaint;
(5) prescribe guidelines concerning the categories of complaints that require the
use of a private investigator and the procedures for the board to obtain the services
of a private investigator; and
(6) require the board to advise the executive council of complaints that have been
(b) The board shall:
(1) dispose of each complaint in a timely manner; and
(2) establish a schedule for conducting each phase of the investigation of a complaint
that is under the control of the board not later than the 30th day after the date
the board receives the complaint.
(c) Each party shall be notified of the projected time requirements for the complaint.
(d) Each party to the complaint must be notified of a change in the schedule not later
than the seventh day after the date the change is made.
(e) The staff of the executive council shall notify the board of a complaint that
is unresolved after the time prescribed by the board for resolving the complaint so
that the board may take necessary action on the complaint.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.