(a) If a redomesticating insurer or health maintenance organization remains qualified
to engage in the business of insurance or the business of a health maintenance organization
in this state, the following continue in effect after redomestication:
(1) the approved agents' appointments and licenses;
(2) the approved insurance policy forms and provider contracts;
(3) the authorized premium rates;
(4) the quality of care certificates; and
(5) any other relevant item that exists on the effective date of the redomestication.
(b) Each outstanding insurance policy, evidence of coverage, provider contract, or
quality of care certificate of a redomesticating insurer or health maintenance organization
continues in effect after redomestication.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.