(a) A multiple employer welfare arrangement may elect to refuse to renew all health
benefit plans delivered or issued for delivery by the arrangement in this state. The arrangement shall notify:
(1) the commissioner of the election not later than the 180th day before the date
coverage under the first health benefit plan terminates under this subsection; and
(2) each affected employer not later than the 180th day before the date on which coverage
terminates for that employer.
(b) A multiple employer welfare arrangement that elects under this section to refuse
to renew all health benefit plans may not write a health benefit plan in this state
before the fifth anniversary of the date notice is delivered to the commissioner under
(c) A multiple employer welfare arrangement may elect to discontinue a health benefit
plan only if the arrangement:
(1) provides notice to each employer of the discontinuation before the 90th day preceding
the date of the discontinuation of the plan;
(2) offers to each employer the option to purchase coverage under another health benefit
plan offered by the arrangement; and
(3) acts uniformly without regard to the claims experience of the employer or any
health status related factor of participating employees or dependents or new employees
or dependents who may become eligible for the coverage.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.