Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this subchapter:
(1) “Approved solid waste site” means:
(A) a solid waste site permitted or registered by the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission;
(B) a solid waste site licensed by a county under Chapter 361; or
(C) a designated collection area for ultimate disposal at a permitted or licensed municipal solid waste site.
(2) “Boat” means a vehicle, including a barge, airboat, motorboat, or sailboat, used for transportation on water.
(3) “Commercial purpose” means the purpose of economic gain.
(4) “Commercial vehicle” means a vehicle that is operated by a person for a commercial purpose or that is owned by a business or commercial enterprise.
(5) “Dispose” and “dump” mean to discharge, deposit, inject, spill, leak, or place litter on or into land or water.
(6) “Litter” means:
(A) decayable waste from a public or private establishment, residence, or restaurant, including animal and vegetable waste material from a market or storage facility handling or storing produce or other food products, or the handling, preparation, cooking, or consumption of food, but not including sewage, body wastes, or industrial by-products; or
(B) nondecayable solid waste, except ashes, that consists of:
(i) combustible waste material, including paper, rags, cartons, wood, excelsior, furniture, rubber, plastics, yard trimmings, leaves, or similar materials;
(ii) noncombustible waste material, including glass, crockery, tin or aluminum cans, metal furniture, and similar materials that do not burn at ordinary incinerator temperatures of 1800 degrees Fahrenheit or less; and
(iii) discarded or worn-out manufactured materials and machinery, including motor vehicles and parts of motor vehicles, tires, aircraft, farm implements, building or construction materials, appliances, and scrap metal.
(7) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning assigned by Section 541.201, Transportation Code.
(8) “Public highway” means the entire width between property lines of a road, street, way, thoroughfare, bridge, public beach, or park in this state, not privately owned or controlled, if any part of the road, street, way, thoroughfare, bridge, public beach, or park:
(A) is opened to the public for vehicular traffic;
(B) is used as a public recreational area; or
(C) is under the state's legislative jurisdiction through its police power.
(9) “Solid waste” has the meaning assigned by Section 361.003.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Health and Safety Code - HEALTH & SAFETY § 365.011. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/health-and-safety-code/health-safety-sect-365-011/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.