Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), an operator or other person may not disclose a customer record required by Section 145.008(i).
(b) An operator or other person may disclose a customer record:
(1) if the customer, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the customer, requests the record;
(2) if a health authority requests the record under Section 145.011;
(3) if the customer consents in writing to the disclosure to another person;
(4) in a criminal proceeding in which the customer is a victim, witness, or defendant;
(5) if the record is requested in a criminal or civil proceeding by court order or subpoena; or
(6) as otherwise required by law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Health and Safety Code - HEALTH & SAFETY § 145.016. Disclosure of Record Prohibited; Exception - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/health-and-safety-code/health-safety-sect-145-016/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.