Skip to main content

Tennessee Code Title 44. Animals and Animal Husbandry § 44-6-104

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Any person who manufactures a commercial feed within the state, who distributes a commercial feed in or into the state, or whose name appears on the label of a commercial feed as guarantor shall obtain a license for each facility from which commercial feed is distributed in or into the state, authorizing the person to manufacture or distribute commercial feed before engaging in the activity.  Any person who makes only retail sales of commercial feed that bears labeling or other approved indication that the commercial feed is from a licensed manufacturer, guarantor, or distributor is not required to obtain a license.

(b) Any person who is required to obtain a license shall submit an application on a form provided by or approved by the commissioner, accompanied by payment in the amount set by rule pursuant to § 43-1-703 for each facility.  Each license shall expire on July 1 of the year for which it is issued.

(c) The form and content of the commercial feed license application shall be established by rules promulgated by the commissioner.

(d) The commissioner is empowered to refuse to issue a license to any person not in compliance with this chapter and to cancel the license of any licensee subsequently found not to be in compliance with any provision of this chapter;  provided, that no license shall be refused or canceled unless the applicant or licensee has been given an opportunity to be heard before the commissioner and to amend the applicant's or licensee's application in order to comply with the requirements of this chapter.

Cite this article: - Tennessee Code Title 44. Animals and Animal Husbandry § 44-6-104 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard