Pennsylvania Statutes Title 68 P.S. Real and Personal Property § 250.102. Definitions

As used in this act--

“Justice of the peace” means district justices, aldermen, magistrates or any other court having jurisdiction over landlord and tenant matters, excluding a court of common pleas.

“Mobile home park” means any site, lot, field or tract of land, privately or publicly owned or operated, upon which three or more mobile homes occupied for dwelling or sleeping purposes are or are intended to be located, regardless of whether or not a charge is made for such accommodation.

“Mobile home resident” or “resident” means an owner of a mobile home who leases or rents space in a mobile home park.  The term does not include a person who rents or leases a mobile home.

“Mobile home space” means a plot of ground within a mobile home park designed for the accommodation of one mobile home.

“Person” means natural persons, copartnerships, associations, private and public corporations, authorities, fiduciaries, the United States and any other country and their respective governmental agencies, this Commonwealth and any other state and their respective political subdivisions and agencies.

“Personal property” means goods and chattels, including fixtures and buildings erected by the tenant and which he has the right to remove, agricultural crops, whether harvested or growing, and livestock and poultry.

“Real property” means messuages, lands, tenements, real estate, buildings, parts thereof or any estate or interest therein and shall include any personalty on real property which is demised with the real property.

“Tenants organization” or “association” means a group of tenants organized for any purpose directly related to their rights or duties as tenants.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.