Oregon Revised Statutes Commercial Fishing and Fisheries § 508.822
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The vessel permit required by ORS 508.801 is transferable:
(a) To a replacement vessel of the permit holder.
(b) To the purchaser of the vessel when the vessel is sold.
(c) Upon request of a permit holder, to a replacement vessel owned by an individual other than the permit holder if authorized by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife. However, any transfer of a permit away from a vessel without the written consent of each person holding a security interest in such vessel is void.
(2) Permits may be transferred between vessels where both vessels fall within any one of the following categories:
(a) Vessels less than or equal to 30 feet;
(b) Vessels greater than 30 feet and less than or equal to 42 feet; or
(c) Vessels greater than 42 feet.
(3) A permit may be transferred from a vessel that is in one of the categories defined in subsection (2) of this section to a vessel that is in a different category provided that no vessel permit may be transferred to a vessel more than five feet longer than the vessel from which the permit is being transferred.
(4) A vessel permit may not be transferred more than once in any 12-month period. However, the Commercial Fishery Permit Board may waive the waiting period for additional transfer if the board finds that strict adherence to the waiting period would create undue hardship for the individual seeking transfer of the permit.
(5) Persons requesting the transfer of a permit pursuant to subsection (1)(c) of this section shall provide to the department copies of documents or state registration for each vessel as proof of the length and ownership.
(6) A fee of $100 shall be charged for each transfer of a vessel permit under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Commercial Fishing and Fisheries § 508.822 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-42-commercial-fishing-and-fisheries/or-rev-st-sect-508-822/
Was this helpful?