(4) “Judge” means judge of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, circuit court or the Oregon
Tax Court, or any county judge who exercises judicial functions.
(5) “Member” means an individual who is registered as being affiliated with the political party.
(6) “Minor political party” means a political party that has qualified as a minor political party under ORS 248.008.
(7) “Nonpartisan office” means the office of judge, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, any
elected office of a metropolitan service district under ORS chapter 268, justice of
the peace, county clerk, county assessor, county surveyor, county treasurer, sheriff,
district attorney or any office designated nonpartisan by a home rule charter.
(8) “Prospective petition” means the information, except signatures and other identification of petition signers,
required to be contained in a completed petition.
(9) “Public office” means any national, state, county, city or district office or position, except a
political party office, filled by the electors.
(10) “State office” means Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, Attorney General, Commissioner
of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, judge, state Senator, state Representative
or district attorney.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.