When used in this article, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context,
the terms listed below shall have the following meanings:
1. “Commissioner” means the commissioner of general services.
2. “Historic and/or cultural place or property” means any building, structure, district,
area or site including underground and underwater sites, that is of significance in
the history, architecture, archeology or culture of the state, its communities, or
3. “National Register” means the national register of historic places authorized by
the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 1.
4. “Registered property” means any historic place or property within the boundaries
of the state nominated by the commissioner of parks and recreation for listing on
the national register of historic places and/or listed on the state register of historic
5. “State agency” means any state department, officer, board, commission, agency,
or a public authority or public benefit corporation at least one of whose members
is appointed by the governor.
6. “State register” means the state register of historic places established pursuant
to section 14.07 of article fourteen of the parks and recreation law.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.