Nevada Revised Statutes Title 43. Public Safety; Vehicles; Watercraft § 483.928. Requirements for issuance of license
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A person who wishes to be issued a commercial driver's license by this State must:
1. Apply to the Department for a commercial driver's license;
2. In accordance with standards contained in regulations adopted by the Department:
(a) Pass a knowledge test for the type of motor vehicle the person operates or expects to operate; and
(b) Except as otherwise provided in NRS 483.933, pass a driving skills test for driving a commercial motor vehicle taken in a motor vehicle which is representative of the type of motor vehicle the person operates or expects to operate;
3. Comply with all other requirements contained in the regulations adopted by the Department pursuant to NRS 483.908;
4. Not be ineligible to be issued a commercial driver's license pursuant to NRS 483.929; and
5. For the issuance of a commercial driver's license with an endorsement for hazardous materials, submit a complete set of fingerprints and written permission authorizing the Department to forward the fingerprints to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History and all applicable federal agencies to process the fingerprints for a background check of the applicant in accordance with Section 1012 of the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act (USA PATRIOT ACT) of 2001, 49 U.S.C. § 5103a.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 43. Public Safety; Vehicles; Watercraft § 483.928. Requirements for issuance of license - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-43-public-safety-vehicles-watercraft/nv-rev-st-483-928/
Was this helpful?