Nevada Revised Statutes Title 43. Public Safety; Vehicles; Watercraft § 481.051. Powers and duties of Director: Generally; delegation
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The Director shall direct and supervise all administrative and technical activities of the Department.
2. The Director may organize the Department into various divisions, alter the organization and reassign responsibilities and duties as the Director deems appropriate.
3. The Director shall:
(a) Formulate the policy of the Department and the various divisions thereof.
(b) Coordinate the activities of the various divisions of the Department.
(c) Adopt such regulations consistent with law as the Director deems necessary for the operation of the Department and the enforcement of all laws administered by the Department.
4. The Director may appoint vendors to serve as agents of the Department to sell temporary permits. The vendor shall collect the fees for the permits issued pursuant to chapter 706 of NRS and pay them to the Department. The vendor shall guarantee payment by giving a bond in an amount not less than $25,000, executed by the vendor as principal, and by a corporation qualified pursuant to the laws of this State as surety, payable to the State of Nevada. In lieu of a bond, the vendor may deposit with the State Treasurer a like amount of lawful money of the United States or any other form of security authorized by NRS 100.065. If security is provided in the form of a savings certificate, certificate of deposit or investment certificate, the certificate must state that the amount is not available for withdrawal except upon approval of the Director. Upon approval of the Governor, the Director may appoint inspectors of the Nevada Transportation Authority and personnel of the Nevada Highway Patrol Division of the Department of Public Safety to serve without remuneration as vendors for the purposes of this subsection.
5. The Director may enter into a contract with a supplier of self-service terminals or kiosks which authorizes the supplier to process through those self-service terminals or kiosks certain transactions pursuant to this chapter and chapters 482, 483 and 485 of NRS that have been designated by the Director and to charge and collect from customers a nonrefundable processing fee for each such transaction. The Director shall adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this subsection.
6. The Director may enter into a contract with a vendor to provide for the issuance and tracking of temporary placards issued pursuant to NRS 482.423 to 482.4245, inclusive. Such a contract may authorize the vendor to charge and collect a fee for each temporary placard issued pursuant to NRS 482.423 to 482.4245, inclusive.
7. The Director may delegate to the officers and employees of the Department such authorities and responsibilities not otherwise delegated by law as the Director deems necessary for the efficient conduct of the business of the Department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 43. Public Safety; Vehicles; Watercraft § 481.051. Powers and duties of Director: Generally; delegation - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-43-public-safety-vehicles-watercraft/nv-rev-st-481-051/
Was this helpful?