Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
If the Nevada Lockbox is established pursuant to NRS 225.360:
1. The provisions of NRS 225.300 to 225.440, inclusive, do not require that the Secretary of State determine whether the contents of a will or other document submitted for registration are accurate or whether the execution or issuance of the will or other document complies with the requirements necessary to make the will or other document valid.
2. The registration of a will or other document does not establish or create a presumption that the contents thereof are accurate or that the execution or issuance of the will or other document complies with the requirements necessary to make the will or other document valid.
3. The registration of or the failure to register a will or other document does not otherwise affect the validity of the will or other document.
4. Failure to notify the Secretary of State of the revocation of a will or other document does not affect the validity of the will or other document.
5. The existence or nonexistence of the registration of a will must not be considered an evidentiary fact in a proceeding relating to the will.
6. The failure to register a document related to a will must not be considered in determining the validity of the will.
7. An attorney is not subject to liability for malpractice for failing to register a will, or any document related to the will, of a client.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 18. State Executive Department § 225.400. Contents of registry not required to be verified for accuracy or legal validity; lack of presumptions concerning documents filed in registry; effect of registration, failure to register and failure to notify Secretary of State of revocation of will or other document - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-18-state-executive-department/nv-rev-st-225-400/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.