Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The provisions of this section and NRS 212.030 to 212.130, inclusive, and 212.160 to 212.189, inclusive, apply to:
(a) A person who has custody of a prisoner assigned to a private facility or institution in this State; and
(b) A prisoner assigned to a private facility or institution in this State,
to the same extent that those provisions would apply if the prisoner had been assigned to a facility or institution operated by the Department of Corrections.
2. A private organization that operates a private facility or institution must provide training to any person employed by the private facility or institution to perform the duties of a correctional officer described in subsection 5 of NRS 209.131. The training must be equivalent to the training provided to a correctional officer in this State.
3. The private organization that operates a private facility or institution must reimburse the State for any expenses charged against the State or paid by the State pursuant to NRS 212.040, 212.050 or 212.070 concerning a prisoner who escapes from the private facility or institution.
4. As used in this section:
(a) “Prisoner” means any person who is:
(1) Convicted of a crime under the laws of this State and sentenced to imprisonment in the state prison; or
(2) Convicted of a crime under the laws of another jurisdiction and sentenced to imprisonment by that jurisdiction.
(b) “Private facility or institution” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 209.083.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 16. Correctional Institutions; Aid to Victims of Crime § 212.1895. Applicability of certain provisions to custodian and prisoner assigned to private facility or institution; training to perform duties of correctional officer at private facility or institution; reimbursement to State for expenses relating to prisoner who escapes from private facility or institution - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-16-correctional-institutions-aid-to-victims-of-crime/nv-rev-st-212-1895/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.