Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. There is created in the state treasury the “state air quality permit fund” to be administered by the department. All fees collected by the department pursuant to Section 74-2-7 NMSA 1978 shall be deposited in the state air quality permit fund.
B. Money in the state air quality permit fund is appropriated to the department for the purpose of paying the reasonable costs of:
(1) reviewing and acting upon any application for a permit;
(2) if the owner or operator receives a permit, implementing and enforcing the terms and conditions of such permit not including any court costs or other costs associated with any enforcement action;
(3) emissions and ambient monitoring;
(4) preparing generally applicable regulations or guidance;
(5) modeling, analysis and demonstrations; and
(6) preparing inventories and tracking emissions.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 74. Environmental Improvement § 74-2-15. State air quality permit fund - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-74-environmental-improvement/nm-st-sect-74-2-15/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?