a. An organization, other than a limited liability company or a foreign limited liability
company, may convert to a limited liability company, and a limited liability company
may convert to an organization other than a foreign limited liability company pursuant
to this section, sections 79 through 81 of this act, 1 and a plan of conversion, if:
(1) the other organization's governing statute authorizes the conversion;
(2) the conversion is not prohibited by the law of the jurisdiction that enacted the
other organization's governing statute; and
(3) the other organization complies with its governing statute in effecting the conversion.
b. A plan of conversion shall be in a record and shall include:
(1) the name and form of the organization before conversion;
(2) the name and form of the organization after conversion;
(3) the terms and conditions of the conversion, including the manner and basis for
converting interests in the converting organization into any combination of money,
interests in the converted organization, and other consideration; and
(4) the organizational documents of the converted organization that are, or are proposed
to be, in a record.
L.2012, c. 50 (N.J.S.A. §§ 42:2C-79 through 42:2C-81).
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.