Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
a. A corporation may amend its certificate of incorporation from time to time in any and as many respects as may be desired as long as the amendment contains only those provisions as might lawfully be contained in an original certificate of incorporation filed at the time of making the amendment.
b. In particular, and without limitation upon the general power of amendment granted by subsection a. of this section, a corporation may amend its certificate of incorporation:
(1) To change its corporate name;
(2) To enlarge, limit or otherwise change its corporate purposes or powers;
(3) To provide for expansion or limitation on eligibility requirements for membership;
(4) To increase or decrease the number of trustees or their powers;
(5) To create new classes of members, to divide any class of members into one or more classes of members, and to transfer members from one class to another;
(6) To become a corporation with members or without members;
(7) To extend its period of duration; or
(8) To strike out, change or add any provision not inconsistent with law for the management and conduct of the affairs of the corporation, or creating, defining, limiting and regulating the powers of the corporation, its trustees and members or any class of members, including any provision which under this act is required or permitted to be set forth in the bylaws.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 15A. Corporations, Nonprofit 15A § 9-1 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-15a-corporations-nonprofit/nj-st-sect-15a-9-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.