Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 70. Power Districts and Corporations § 70-1819. Mandated project bond issuer; bond issuance; procedure; use of proceeds; issuer powers; restriction on business activities; powers
Search Nebraska Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The mandated project bond issuer may issue mandated project bonds, including refunding bonds, in one or more series, as contemplated by a resolution of the public entity adopted in accordance with section 70-1812. The mandated project bond issuer shall comply with any resolution issued by the public entity in accordance with such section. Mandated project charges to which the public entity may at any time be entitled shall be pledged, without any necessity for specific authorization of the pledge by the public entity, to the mandated project bonds issued by the mandated project bond issuer pursuant to this section. Each such series of mandated project bonds shall be secured by and payable from a first lien on mandated project charges pledged for such purpose. Any separate consensual lien or security interest shall be created in accordance with and governed by the Nebraska Governmental Unit Security Interest Act. The proceeds of such bonds shall be applied exclusively to payment of mandated project costs and financing costs and, in the case of proceeds of refunding bonds, the retirement or defeasance of mandated project bonds.
(2) The mandated project bond issuer may:
(a) Contract for servicing of mandated project bonds and for administrative services; and
(b) Accept the pledge of mandated project charges from the public entity pursuant to section 70-1812 and pledge the mandated project charges to secure the mandated project bonds and the payment of financing costs.
(3) So long as any mandated project bonds remain outstanding, the mandated project bond issuer may not merge or consolidate, directly or indirectly, with any person or entity. Additionally, the mandated project bond issuer shall not incur, guarantee, or otherwise become obligated to pay any debt or other obligations other than the mandated project bonds and financing costs unless otherwise permitted by the resolution of the public entity adopted pursuant to section 70-1812. The mandated project bond issuer shall keep its assets and liabilities separate and distinct from those of any other entity.
(4) The mandated project bond issuer may not be a debtor under Chapter 9 of Title 11 of the United States Code or any other provision of such title. No governmental officer or organization may authorize, whether by executive order or otherwise, a mandated project bond issuer to be a debtor under Chapter 9 of Title 11 of the United States Code or any other provision of such title. Until at least one year and one day after all mandated project bonds issued by a restructuring bond issuer have ceased to be outstanding and all unpaid financing costs have been paid, the state shall not limit or alter the denial of authority to the mandated project bond issuer to be a debtor under Chapter 9 of Title 11 of the United States Code or any other provision of such title.
(5) The mandated project bond issuer may not engage in other business activities, except that in connection with the powers specified in this section, as a financing entity the mandated project bond issuer may:
(a) Have perpetual succession as a body politic and corporate and an independent instrumentality exercising essential public functions;
(b) Adopt, amend, and repeal bylaws, rules, and regulations not inconsistent with the Public Entities Mandated Project Charges Act to regulate its affairs, to carry into effect its powers and purposes, and to conduct its business;
(c) Sue and be sued in its own name;
(d) Have an official seal and alter it at will;
(e) Maintain an office at such place or places within the state as it may designate;
(f) Make and execute contracts and all other instruments as necessary or convenient for the performance of its duties and the exercise of its powers and functions under the act;
(g) Establish and maintain such accounts, reserves, and special funds, to be held in trust or otherwise as may be required by a resolution of the public entity pursuant to section 70-1812 or by agreements made in connection with the mandated project bonds or any agreement between itself and third parties;
(h) Employ officers and employees, prescribe their qualifications and duties, and fix their compensation, and may engage the services of and compensate attorneys, accountants, and such other advisors, consultants, and agents as may be necessary in its judgment to fulfill its duties under the act;
(i) Obtain insurance against any loss in connection with its business, property, and other assets in such amounts and from such insurers as it deems advisable;
(j) Invest funds in its custody pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act;
(k) Receive and accept from any source aid or contributions of money, property, labor, or other things of value to be held, used, and applied to carry out the purposes of the Public Entities Mandated Project Charges Act, subject to the conditions upon which the grants or contributions are made, including gifts or grants from any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States; and
(l) Sell and convey any real or personal property and make such order respecting the same as it deems conducive to the best interest of the mandated project bond issuer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 70. Power Districts and Corporations § 70-1819. Mandated project bond issuer; bond issuance; procedure; use of proceeds; issuer powers; restriction on business activities; powers - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-70-power-districts-and-corporations/ne-rev-st-sect-70-1819/
Was this helpful?