1. May not employ an individual as a kindergarten teacher unless the individual is
licensed to teach by the education standards and practices board or approved by the
education standards and practices board;
2. Shall submit to the superintendent of public instruction and follow a developmentally
3. Shall provide kindergarten instruction, on a half-day or full-day basis, as determined
by the school board;
4. Shall provide for a kindergarten instructional calendar equal to at least fifty
percent of the full-time instructional days required in accordance with section 15.1-06-04;
5. Shall apply all municipal and state health, fire, and safety requirements to the
6. May not enroll a child who is not five years old before August first of the year
of enrollment, unless the child will be five years old before December first and:
a. The child, by means of developmental and readiness screening instruments approved
by the superintendent of public instruction and administered by the kindergarten operator,
can demonstrate superior academic talents or abilities and social and emotional readiness;
b. The child has been enrolled in another approved kindergarten.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.