(a) The Commissioner may suspend or revoke any license or licenses issued pursuant
to this Article if, after notice and opportunity for hearing, the Commissioner issues
written findings that the licensee has engaged in any of the following conduct:
(1) Violated this Article or applicable State or federal law or rules.
(2) Made a false statement on the application for a license under this Article.
(3) Refused to permit investigation by the Commissioner authorized under this Article.
(4) Failed to comply with an order of the Commissioner.
(5) Demonstrated incompetency or untrustworthiness to engage in the business of check
(6) Been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving fraud, misrepresentation,
(b) The Commissioner may not suspend or revoke any license issued under this Article
unless the licensee has been given notice and opportunity for hearing in accordance
with Article 3A of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.