The training coordinator shall perform the functions assigned by the attorney general.
The functions may include but are not limited to the following:
(1) providing local training in current aspects of the criminal law for county attorneys,
city attorneys, and other law enforcement personnel. The training coordinator may require payment by city attorneys of a fee commensurate
with the cost of the training.
(2) assisting in developing and disseminating standards, procedures, and policies
which will insure that criminal laws are applied consistently and uniformly throughout
(3) consolidating present and past information on important aspects of the criminal
law and providing a pool of official opinions, legal briefs, and other relevant criminal
(4) providing assistance with research, briefs, or other technical services requested
by a county attorney or law enforcement official;
(5) applying for and disbursing federal funds available to aid the prosecutorial function;
(6) as provided in 44-4-111, acting as special counsel.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.