Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Community pharmacy”, when used in relation to a medical practitioner, means a pharmacy situated within 10 miles of any place at which the medical practitioner maintains an office for professional practice.
(2) “Controlled substance” has the meaning provided in 37-7-101.
(3) “Device” means any instrument, apparatus, or contrivance intended:
(a) for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans;
(b) to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans.
(4) “Dispense” has the meaning provided in 37-7-101.
(5) “Drug” has the meaning provided in 37-7-101.
(6) “Drug company” means any person engaged in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, or distribution of drugs. The term does not include a pharmacy.
(7) “Medical practitioner” means any person licensed by the state of Montana to engage in the practice of medicine, dentistry, osteopathy, podiatry, optometry, or a nursing specialty as described in 37-8-202 and in the licensed practice to administer or prescribe drugs.
(8) “Naturopathic physician” means a person licensed under Title 37, chapter 26, to practice naturopathic health care.
(9) “Opioid” has the meaning of “opiate” provided in 50-32-101.
(10) “Opioid-naive patient” means a patient who has not been prescribed a drug containing an opioid in the 90 days prior to the acute event or surgery for which an opioid is prescribed.
(11) “Person” means any individual and any partnership, firm, corporation, association, or other business entity.
(12) “Pharmacy” has the meaning provided in 37-7-101.
(13) “State” means the state of Montana or any political subdivision of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-2-101. Definitions - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-2-101/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.