Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The department on behalf of a program without a board may require licensees to participate in flexible, cost-efficient, effective, and geographically accessible continuing education.
(2) As a precondition of license renewal the department may not audit or require proof of continuing education or certification of a program that requires continuing education or state, regional, or national certification. However, a licensee who reactivates a license after the license has expired, as provided in 37-1-141, is subject to a mandatory continuing education audit.
(3) After the lapsed date provided for in 37-1-141, the department may conduct a random audit of up to 50% of all licensees who have renewed their licenses to determine compliance with a program's continuing education requirements.
(4) The department may audit licensees for compliance with state, regional, or national certification or other department requirements.
(5) The department shall provide a licensee not in compliance with continuing education or certification requirements with an opportunity to cure the noncompliance as provided in 37-1-321.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-1-420. Continuing education--certification--other qualifications for continued licensure--audit - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-1-420/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.