Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except as provided by this section, a captive insurance company may write any type of insurance, but may only insure the operational risks of the company's affiliates and risks of a controlled unaffiliated business.
(b) A captive insurance company may not issue:
(1) life insurance, except to insure employee benefits that are subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (29 U.S.C. Section 1001 et seq.);
(3) accident and health insurance for the company's parent and affiliates, except to insure employee benefits that are subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (29 U.S.C. Section 1001 et seq.);
(4) title insurance;
(5) mortgage guaranty insurance;
(6) financial guaranty insurance;
(7) residential property insurance;
(8) personal automobile insurance; or
(9) workers' compensation insurance.
(c) A captive insurance company may not issue a type of insurance, including automobile liability insurance, that is required, under the laws of this state or a political subdivision of this state, as a prerequisite for obtaining a license or permit if the law requires that the liability insurance be issued by an insurer authorized to engage in the business of insurance in this state.
(d) A captive insurance company is authorized to issue a contractual reimbursement policy to:
(1) an affiliated certified self-insurer authorized under Chapter 407, Labor Code, or a similar affiliated entity expressly authorized by analogous laws of another state; or
(2) an affiliate that is insured by a workers' compensation insurance policy with a negotiated deductible endorsement.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 89. Real and Personal Property § 89-15-11. Removal or impairment - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-89-real-and-personal-property/ms-code-sect-89-15-11/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.