Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) No person shall be employed as a lobbyist for compensation contingent in any manner upon the outcome of an administrative or legislative action.
(2) No person shall instigate the introduction of legislation for the purpose of obtaining employment in opposition thereto.
(3) No person shall attempt to influence the vote of the legislators on any matters pending or to be proposed by the promise of financial support or the financing of opposition to his candidacy at any future election.
(4) No person shall engage in practices which reflect discredit on the practice of lobbying or on the Legislature.
(5) Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 59. Ports, Harbors, Landings and Watercraft § 59-15-19. Trustee's functions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-59-ports-harbors-landings-and-watercraft/ms-code-sect-59-15-19/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?