Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any lease the expiration or termination of which may terminate the condominium shall be recorded and the declaration shall include, in addition to the matters specified in section 515A.2-105:
(1) the county of recording and recorder's document number for the lease;
(2) the date on which the lease is scheduled to expire;
(3) any right of the unit owners to purchase the lessor's interest in the real estate and the manner whereby those rights may be exercised, or a statement that they do not have those rights;
(4) any right of the unit owners to remove any improvements within a reasonable time after the expiration or termination of the lease, or a statement that they do not have those rights; and
(5) any rights of the unit owners to renew the lease and the conditions of any renewal, or a statement that they do not have those rights.
(b) After the declaration for a leasehold condominium is recorded, neither the lessor nor a successor in interest may terminate the leasehold interest of a unit owner who makes timely payment of the unit owner's share of the rent which shall be the same portion thereof as that of that unit owner's common area expense and who otherwise complies so far as practicable with a share of all other covenants which, if violated, would entitle the lessor to terminate the lease. No unit owner's leasehold interest is affected by failure of any other person to pay rent or fulfill any other covenant.
(c) Acquisition of the leasehold interest of any unit owner by the lessor does not merge the leasehold and fee simple interests and the lessor shall hold the title to the unit subject to the declaration unless the leasehold interests of all unit owners subject to the lease are so acquired.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Property and Property Interests (Ch. 500-515B) § 515A.2-107. Leasehold condominiums - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/property-and-property-interests-ch-500-515b/mn-st-sect-515a-2-107/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?