Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Environmental Protection (Ch. 114C-116I) § 115D.12. Pollution prevention fees

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Subdivision 1. Imposition.  The pollution prevention fees in this section are imposed on persons and facilities under subdivision 2, paragraphs (a) and (b).

Subd. 2. Fees.  (a) Persons required by United States Code, title 42, section 11023, to submit a toxic chemical release form to the commission, and owners or operators of facilities listed in section 299K.08, subdivision 3, shall pay a pollution prevention fee of $150 for each toxic pollutant reported released plus a fee based on the total pounds of toxic pollutants reported as released from each facility.  Facilities reporting less than 25,000 pounds annually of toxic pollutants released per facility shall be assessed a fee of $500. Facilities reporting annual releases of toxic pollutants in excess of 25,000 pounds shall be assessed a graduated fee at the rate of two cents per pound of toxic pollutants reported.

(b) Persons who generate more than 1,000 kilograms of hazardous waste per month but who are not subject to the fee under paragraph (a) must pay a pollution prevention fee of $500 per facility. Hazardous waste as used in this paragraph has the meaning given it in section 116.06, subdivision 11, and Minnesota Rules, chapter 7045.

(c) Fees required under this subdivision must be paid to the commissioner by January 1 of each year.  The fees shall be deposited in the state treasury and credited to the environmental fund.

(d) The fees under this subdivision are exempt from section 16A.1285.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Environmental Protection (Ch. 114C-116I) § 115D.12. Pollution prevention fees - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard