Subdivision 1. Notice required. A hospital shall give a written notice about sexually transmitted diseases to a
person receiving medical services in the hospital who reports or evidences a sexual
assault or other unwanted sexual contact or sexual penetration. When appropriate, the notice must be given to the parent or guardian of the victim.
Subd. 2. Contents of notice. The commissioners of public safety and corrections, in consultation with sexual
assault victim advocates and health care professionals, shall develop the notice required
by subdivision 1. The notice must inform the victim of:
(1) the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases as a result of a sexual
(2) the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases;
(3) recommendations for periodic testing for the diseases, where appropriate;
(4) locations where confidential testing is done and the extent of the confidentiality
(5) information necessary to make an informed decision whether to request a test of
the offender under section 611A.19; and
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.