Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Subdivision 1. Six-year limitation. Except where the Uniform Commercial Code otherwise prescribes, the following actions shall be commenced within six years:
(1) upon a contract or other obligation, express or implied, as to which no other limitation is expressly prescribed;
(2) upon a liability created by statute, other than those arising upon a penalty or forfeiture or where a shorter period is provided by section 541.07;
(3) for a trespass upon real estate;
(4) for taking, detaining, or injuring personal property, including actions for the specific recovery thereof;
(5) for criminal conversation, or for any other injury to the person or rights of another, not arising on contract, and not hereinafter enumerated;
(6) for relief on the ground of fraud, in which case the cause of action shall not be deemed to have accrued until the discovery by the aggrieved party of the facts constituting the fraud;
(7) against sureties upon the official bond of any public officer, whether of the state or of any county, town, school district, or a municipality therein; in which case the limitation shall not begin to run until the term of such officer for which the bond was given shall have expired;
(8) for damages caused by a dam, used for commercial purposes; or
(9) for assault, battery, false imprisonment, or other tort resulting in personal injury, if the conduct that gives rise to the cause of action also constitutes domestic abuse as defined in section 518B.01.
Subd. 2. Strict liability. Unless otherwise provided by law, any action based on the strict liability of the defendant and arising from the manufacture, sale, use or consumption of a product shall be commenced within four years.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Civil Procedure (Ch. 540-552) § 541.05. Various cases, six years - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/civil-procedure-ch-540-552/mn-st-sect-541-05/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.