Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 570. Liens § 570.449

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 49.  The clerk of the recorder's court of the city of Detroit, before performing any duties under this act, shall file with the city clerk, a bond to the people of the state, in a penalty of 5,000 dollars, with 2 sufficient sureties to be approved by the recorder or judge of the court, conditioned to safely keep and account for all moneys received by him under this act, and to abide by all orders of the court relative thereto;  and said bond may be prosecuted by any party injured, in his own name.

(a) Each candidate and political committee in a city election shall appoint a treasurer and, under verification, report the name and address of the treasurer to the board.  A candidate may appoint himself or any other individual, including any relative except his spouse, as his treasurer.  If the candidate fails to designate a treasurer, the candidate shall be deemed to have appointed himself as treasurer.  A candidate or political committee may remove his or its treasurer.

(b) The organizational report shall state the bank account and number of such campaign fund.  Each report required by this Part shall reflect all contributions, expenditures and loans made in behalf of a candidate.  The organizational report shall be filed with the county board of elections within 10 days after the candidate files a notice of candidacy with the county board of elections, or within 10 days following the organization of the political committee, whichever occurs first.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 570. Liens § 570.449 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard