Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 552. Divorce § 552.103

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec.?3. ?The bill of complaint or amendment thereto, or the answer or cross bill or amendment thereto, filed in any divorce proceeding may ask that the ownership of the lands described therein and owned by the parties to such suit as joint tenants or as tenants by entireties shall be determined by the decree of divorce, if granted, and in such case the court granting the divorce may award such lands to 1 or the other of said parties, or any part of it to either of them, or may order such lands to be sold under the direction of a circuit court commissioner, and the proceeds thereof divided between the parties in such proportion as the court shall order; ?or may appoint commissioners to partition such lands between said parties in the proportion fixed by the decree. ?The proceedings following the appointment of such commissioner shall conform to the law governing the partition of lands between tenants in common.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 552. Divorce § 552.103 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard