Maryland Code, Labor and Employment § 9-670
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) In this Part XI of this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Disabled” means rendered unable as the result of an accidental personal injury or an occupational disease to perform work for which the person was previously qualified.
(c) “Suitable gainful employment” means employment, including self-employment, that restores the disabled covered employee, to the extent possible, to the level of support at the time of:
(1) if an accidental personal injury, the accidental personal injury; or
(2) if an occupational disease, disablement from the occupational disease.
(d) “Vocational assessment” means:
(1) collecting and analyzing each of the economic, educational, legal, medical, social, and vocational circumstances of a disabled covered employee, including the present mental and physical ability of the covered employee to participate in vocational rehabilitation services; and
(2) determining the appropriate vocational rehabilitation services reasonably necessary to return the disabled covered employee to suitable gainful employment.
(e)(1) “Vocational rehabilitation services” means professional services reasonably necessary during or after or both during and after medical treatment to enable a disabled covered employee, as soon as practical, to secure suitable gainful employment.
(2) “Vocational rehabilitation services” includes:
(i) coordination of medical services;
(ii) vocational assessment;
(iii) vocational evaluation;
(iv) vocational counseling;
(v) vocational rehabilitation plan development;
(vi) vocational rehabilitation plan monitoring;
(vii) vocational rehabilitation training;
(viii) job development; and
(ix) job placement.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Labor and Employment § 9-670 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/labor-and-employment/md-code-labor-and-emply-sect-9-670/
Was this helpful?