Skip to main content

Massachusetts General Laws Part I. Administration of the Government (Ch. 1-182) Ch. 6, § 156B

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

There shall be an executive director of the committee, hereinafter referred to as the executive director.  He shall be appointed and may be removed by the governor, who shall select his appointee from among candidates recommended by the committee.  The executive director shall be classified in accordance with section forty-five of chapter thirty and the salary shall be determined in accordance with section forty-six C of said chapter thirty.  The executive director shall be qualified by training and experience in the field of criminal justice, and preferably shall be experienced in the planning, development and evaluation of criminal justice services and programs.  He shall be the chief administrative and executive officer of the committee.  He shall attend the meetings of the committee, and shall report to the committee upon the performance by the staff of their duties.  The executive director shall, with the approval of the governor, establish such staff positions and employ such administrative, research, technical, legal, clerical, and other personnel and consultants as may be necessary to perform the duties of the committee.  Such personnel shall receive such compensation as the executive director, with the approval of the governor, shall from time to time fix, and shall not be subject to the provisions of chapter thirty-one or of section nine A of chapter thirty.

Cite this article: - Massachusetts General Laws Part I. Administration of the Government (Ch. 1-182) Ch. 6, § 156B - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard