Massachusetts General Laws Part I. Administration of the Government (Ch. 1-182) Ch. 156D, § 6.04
Search Massachusetts General Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
Section 6.04. FRACTIONAL SHARES
(a) A corporation may:
(1) issue fractions of a share or pay in money or property the value of fractions of a share;
(2) arrange for disposition of fractional shares by the shareholders;
(3) issue scrip in registered or bearer form entitling the holder to receive a full share upon surrendering enough scrip to equal a full share.
(b) Each certificate representing scrip must be conspicuously labeled “scrip” and must contain the information required by subsection (b) of section 6.25.
(c) The holder of a fractional share is entitled to exercise the rights of a shareholder, including the right to vote, to receive dividends, and to participate in the assets of the corporation upon liquidation. The holder of scrip is not entitled to any of these rights unless the scrip provides for them.
(d) The board of directors may authorize the issuance of scrip subject to any condition considered desirable, including:
(1) that the scrip will become void if not exchanged for full shares before a specified date; and
(2) that the shares for which the scrip is exchangeable may be sold and the proceeds paid to the scripholders.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Massachusetts General Laws Part I. Administration of the Government (Ch. 1-182) Ch. 156D, § 6.04 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ma/part-i-administration-of-the-government-ch-1-182/ma-gen-laws-ch-156d-sect-6-04/
Was this helpful?