Skip to main content

Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXI. Agriculture and Animals § 249.430. Authority of division

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

In order to perform the duties listed in KRS 249.420, the division may:

(1)  Utilize the services of a state advisory committee on Johnson grass control to be composed of persons interested in Johnson grass control appointed by the commissioner;

(2)  Issue and enforce regulations for the eradication and control of noxious weeds, including Johnson grass, and pests;

(3)  Cooperate with county agricultural agents, vocational agricultural teachers, University of Kentucky extension specialists, civic groups, or any federal, state or county agency in promoting county programs and organizations to control and eradicate noxious weeds and pests;

(4)  Conduct or assist any governmental agency in conducting local or county-wide surveys to determine the degree of Johnson grass infestation;

(5)  Cooperate with federal or state agencies in research and educational work in the field of pest and noxious weed control;

(6)  Assist counties in qualifying for cost-sharing programs to control Johnson grass or other noxious weeds;

(7)  Publicize the threat of noxious weeds and pests and methods of combating them;

(8)  Cooperate with the Department of Highways, county fiscal courts, transportation and industrial organizations in controlling Johnson grass and other noxious weeds on their premises and rights-of-way;

(9)  Accept funds or contributions to carry out the purposes of KRS 249.400 to 249.430.

Cite this article: - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXI. Agriculture and Animals § 249.430. Authority of division - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard