Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any person desiring to practice veterinary medicine while employed by a school of veterinary medicine in this state, and who is not a licensed veterinarian, shall make written application to the board for an institutional license on forms provided for that purpose, or in a format otherwise acceptable to the board. The board shall issue an institutional license to practice veterinary medicine to an applicant who:
(1) Has obtained the degree of doctor of veterinary medicine or its equivalent;
(2) has passed the Kansas veterinary legal practice examination, which may be completed in person, by mail or by electronic means;
(3) is a person of good moral character;
(4) has paid the license application fee;
(5) provides proof of employment with a school of veterinary medicine within this state. This proof shall be provided by an authorized administrative official of the school of veterinary medicine;
(6) certifies that such person understands and agrees that the institutional license is valid only for the practice of veterinary medicine associated with such person's employment as a faculty member, intern, resident or locum of the school of veterinary medicine where employed; and
(7) provides other information and proof as the board may establish by rules and regulations.
(b) A school of veterinary medicine located within this state may, at its option, submit the applications of its employees desiring an institutional license in a compiled format acceptable to the board, with a single form of payment of the corresponding license application fees.
(c) This section shall be a part of and supplemental to the Kansas veterinary practice act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 47. Livestock and Domestic Animals § 47-856. Same; application; qualifications - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-47-livestock-and-domestic-animals/ks-st-sect-47-856/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.