Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (f), this section does not apply to a county that:
(1) has adopted an order under section 6(a)(1) of this chapter; or
(2) is a vote center county under IC 3-11-18.1.
(b) Not later than ten (10) days before the election at which the registration record is to be used, the county voter registration office shall prepare certified copies of the list of registered voters for each precinct in the county.
(c) The lists must contain the following information concerning each registered voter:
(1) The full name of the voter.
(2) The address of the voter.
(3) The assigned voter identification number.
(4) Whether the voter is required to provide additional identification before voting either in person or by absentee ballot.
(5) The date of birth of the voter, including an indication whether the voter is less than eighteen (18) years of age for a poll list used in a primary election.
(6) The scanned signature of the voter.
(7) Whether the voter is required to provide an affirmation of the voter's residence.
(8) A bar code that allows the county voter registration office to efficiently record whether the voter has signed the poll list.
(9) For a poll list used in a primary election, a letter abbreviation of the name of the major political party whose ballot the voter has requested.
(10) A space for a poll clerk to indicate when a voter has cast an absentee ballot.
(11) A space for a poll clerk to indicate when a voter has cast a provisional ballot.
(12) For a voter required to submit additional documentation required under IC 3-7-33-4.5, a space for a poll clerk to insert letters serving as an abbreviation for the type of documentation provided by the voter.
(d) The names shall be arranged in the same order as they are in the registration record of the precinct.
(e) The poll list must also contain a statement at the top of each page indicating that an individual who knowingly makes a false statement:
(1) by signing a poll list; or
(2) on a poll list concerning the individual's name, voter identification number, or residence address;
commits a Level 6 felony as provided by IC 3-14-2-11.
(f) This subsection applies to a county that has adopted an order under section 6(a)(1) of this chapter or is a vote center county under IC 3-11-18.1. The precinct election board shall post in a location within the precinct or vote center a notice that:
(1) is clearly visible to an individual (or to an individual providing assistance under IC 3-11-9) who is providing information to a precinct election officer using an electronic poll book; and
(2) indicates that an individual commits a Level 6 felony under IC 3-14-2-11, if the individual knowingly makes a false statement to a precinct election officer concerning:
(A) the individual's name;
(B) the individual's voter identification number; or
(C) the individual's residence address.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 3. Elections § 3-7-29-1 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-3-elections/in-code-sect-3-7-29-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?