Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 5. A mail registration form prescribed under section 3 of this chapter must meet the following requirements:
(1) The form must include a statement that does the following:
(A) Sets forth each eligibility requirement for registration (including citizenship).
(B) Contains an attestation that the applicant meets each of the eligibility requirements.
(C) Requires the signature of the applicant, under penalty of perjury.
(2) The form must include, in print that is identical to the print used in the attestation part of the application, information setting forth the penalties provided by law for submission of a false voter registration application.
(3) The question “Are you a citizen of the United States of America?” and boxes for the applicant to check to indicate whether the applicant is or is not a citizen of the United States.
(4) The question “Will you be 18 years of age on or before election day?” and boxes for the applicant to check to indicate whether or not the applicant will be eighteen (18) years of age on or before election day.
(5) A statement informing the individual that if the form is submitted by mail and the individual is registering for the first time, the appropriate information required under 52 U.S.C. 21083 must be submitted with the mail-in registration form in order to avoid the additional identification requirements upon voting for the first time.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 3. Elections § 3-7-22-5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-3-elections/in-code-sect-3-7-22-5/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?