Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-4-17-8.5
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(b) An administrative law judge or the review board may hold a hearing under this chapter by telephone if any of the following conditions exist:
(1) The claimant or the employer is not located in Indiana.
(2) An interested party requests without an objection being filed as provided in 646 IAC 3-12-21 that the hearing be held by telephone.
(3) An interested party cannot appear in person because of an illness or injury to the party.
(4) In the case of a hearing before an administrative law judge, the administrative law judge determines without any interested party filing an objection as provided in 646 IAC 3-12-21 that a hearing by telephone is proper and just.
(5) In the case of a hearing before the review board, the issue to be adjudicated does not require both parties to be present.
(6) In the case of a hearing before the review board, the review board has determined that a hearing by telephone is proper and just.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-4-17-8.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-22-labor-and-safety/in-code-sect-22-4-17-8-5/
Was this helpful?