Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-14-2-4
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 4. (a) To carry out its responsibilities, the division may:
(1) enter and inspect any property, at a reasonable hour;
(2) issue and enforce administrative orders under IC 22-12-7 and apply for judicial orders under IC 22-12-7-13;
(3) direct a fire department to assist the division;
(4) cooperate with law enforcement officers; and
(5) provide hazardous materials and counterterrorism:
(B) support; and
(C) response assistance.
(b) To carry out the state fire marshal's responsibility to conduct an investigation into the causes and circumstances surrounding a fire or an explosion, the state fire marshal or a division fire investigator authorized by the state fire marshal may:
(1) exercise the powers of a law enforcement officer to prevent fires and conduct arson investigations;
(2) direct a fire department to assist the state fire marshal or division fire investigator; and
(3) cooperate with law enforcement officers.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-14-2-4 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-22-labor-and-safety/in-code-sect-22-14-2-4/
Was this helpful?