Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-12-1-4
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 4. (a) “Class 1 structure” means any part of the following:
(1) A building or structure that is intended to be or is occupied or otherwise used in any part by any of the following:
(A) The public.
(B) Three (3) or more tenants.
(C) One (1) or more persons who act as the employees of another.
(2) A site improvement affecting access by persons with physical disabilities to a building or structure described in subdivision (1).
(3) Outdoor event equipment.
(4) Any class of buildings or structures that the commission determines by rules to affect a building or structure described in subdivision (1), except buildings or structures described in subsections (c) through (f).
(b) Subsection (a)(1) includes a structure that contains three (3) or more condominium units (as defined in IC 32-25-2-9) or other units that:
(1) are intended to be or are used or leased by the owner of the unit; and
(2) are not completely separated from each other by an unimproved space.
(c) Subsection (a)(1) does not include a building or structure that:
(1) is intended to be or is used only for an agricultural purpose on the land where it is located; and
(2) is not used for retail trade or is a stand used for retail sales of farm produce for eight (8) or less consecutive months in a calendar year.
(d) Subsection (a)(1) does not include a Class 2 structure.
(e) Subsection (a)(1) does not include a vehicular bridge.
(f) Subsection (a)(1) does not include a structure that is intended to be or is occupied solely to provide periodic maintenance or repair of:
(1) the structure; or
(2) mechanical or electrical equipment located within and affixed to the structure.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-12-1-4 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-22-labor-and-safety/in-code-sect-22-12-1-4/
Was this helpful?