Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-10-1.5-5
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 5. (a) The board shall:
(1) collect and distribute information concerning the nature, causes, and prevention of mine accidents and the improvements of methods, conditions, and equipment of mines with special reference to health and safety and the conservation of mineral resources and the economic conditions respecting mining and the mining industry;
(2) promote the technical efficiency of all persons working in and about the mines of this state and examine persons applying for certificates under IC 22-10-3-10;
(3) submit any bills embodying legislation that the board may agree upon to the general assembly;
(4) if appropriations from the general assembly are considered insufficient by the board, assess and collect from operators the amount necessary to purchase and maintain underground mine rescue equipment for the bureau of mines and mine safety created under IC 22-1-1-4 and deposit the assessment in the mine safety fund established under IC 22-10-12-16; and
(5) annually report to the commissioner of the department of labor concerning any need for additional mine inspectors.
(b) The board shall mail written notice to operators of a meeting of the board at which assessments described in subsection (a)(4) are discussed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 22. Labor and Safety § 22-10-1.5-5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-22-labor-and-safety/in-code-sect-22-10-1-5-5/
Was this helpful?